How to fix Task Scheduler 0x1 Error
One of the most common error when using Task scheduler is 0x1 return code. I myself also encounter this when I was trying to setup a batch job to run even I was not sign on. However, the error message “Incorrect function” corresponding to this error code is not much helpful for debugging. I did some research and finally able to fix this so I thought I should share 🙂
Task scheduler last run result 0x1 mostly cause by privilege issue. For example, user do not have sufficient privilege to execute the task at the specified location or the process unable to locate the file for some reason.
From my research, I found that 0x1 usually occurred when we enabled “Run whether user is logged on or not”. Further testing found that the scheduler seems to unable to find the path specified. I’m not sure why but looks like you’ll need to explicitly put the full path to your task in the “Start in (optional)” when you run the task while not logged on.
There is no silver bullet for everyone but I find this works for me and many people. Check the tutorial video below to see it step-by-step.
Finally, I hope this article helps solving your problem. If you like it, please feel free to subscribe to our Youtube channel.
Thank you for sharing.
I solved my problem thanks to your article.
My problem was caused by “Run whether user is logged on or not”.
If this method does not work for you and you are using shared folders, try to use the UNC name for the program/script instead of the mapped network drive name. This is the solution that worked for me.
Ex. Use \\mySharedFolder\data\xx\myFile.bat instead of U:\xx\myFile.bat